HR shouldn’t be something that you only dabble in when the proverbial hits the fan. If you take this approach, you’ll always be one step behind and fire-fighting when you have other more important things to do.
As the summer break is coming to an end and you are preparing to get stuck in for the last push before the end of the year, think about what’s on your HR Agenda when you get back to business as usual.
- Do you have the right people in the right roles?
- Do your team know their roles and responsibilities?
- Have you documented your expectations?
- What changes do you need to make?
- Do you have any current HR issues that you need to manage?
If you don’t have a clue about how healthy your HR is and what to put on your agenda, find out. A good starting point would be to speak to your HR Manager if you have one. If you don’t, get in touch. We’d love to help you enhance your HR.
If you employ people, you need to get on board with HR. It’s not just a support function, it’s an integral part of the bigger picture. Is yours in focus?